- 1 kg well washed small potatoes Spunta/Charlotte/Annabelle/Nicola with their skin on
- 750ml olive oil for frying
- 250ml red wine (preferably Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of cracked coriander grains
- Salt and pepper
Wash carefully the potatoes and dry them on a towel. Using a heavy object, hit the potatoes one by one until they get a fissure. Salt them carefully. In a large casserole, put the olive oil on medium heat. Put the potatoes in the oil for 10-15 minutes, and when tender, increase the heat and keep frying the potatoes for almost 5 minutes until they get crunchy. When ready, remove the oil from the casserole and add the wine, the lemon, the cracked coriander grains, the salt and the pepper and let the mixture on low heat for 2-3 minutes. Cover the casserole and move intensely the casserole upwards with the potatoes in order to make them mix for 10 seconds. Repeat 2-3 times.